Le-Squeegee hopes everyone is having a safe and wonderful holiday season. With 2019 on the horizon, Le-Squeegee has some cleaning resolutions for the New Year.
- Keep up on regular cleaning. Maintain a clean living space by vacuuming weekly and dusting hard surfaces twice a week. Areas with tile and grout should be cleaned monthly. In addition to regular cleaning, carpets should be professionally cleaned once or twice a year and tile and grout once a year.
- Maintain scheduled cleanings. Air duct systems need to be cleaned every three years. A chimney should be swept once a year. While these cleanings may not make a home look visibly cleaner, they do create a healthier home environment.
- Wipe down personal electronics. Use a disinfecting wipe to clean phones, computers, keyboards and headphones as they become a common spot for bacteria to develop.
- A dry sponge is a happy sponge. After every use a sponge should be rinsed and wrung out. A dry sponge is less likely to grow bacteria. Sponges should be replaced every two weeks.
- Remember the small appliances. Along with wiping down the exterior of small appliances like the coffee maker or microwave, the interiors should be cleaned twice a month.
Sometimes it is hard to remember what needs to be cleaned and when. Thankfully, there are helpful apps that can create a cleaning schedule and reminders. Try a free app like “Spotless.”