When it comes to the Mitigation, Restoration and Build Back after you have Experienced a Water Loss or Flood, don’t be a DIY’er? Le-Squeegee has some great tips on what to look for in a Restoration Company and why Doing It Yourself may not be the best idea!
- Find a Reputable Restoration Company – Check Google and Facebook Reviews and see what their past and current clients say about the service they provide.
- Are they available 24/7, 365 days a year? Do they have the capacity with staff and equipment and support to handle several water loss jobs at one time or will they put on a waiting list while your house is flooding?
- Is their Team of Technicians Certified and Trained to handle the Disasters that are prevalent in your area? There are Industry Standards that need to be met and exceeded and organizations like the IICRC offer training for Disaster Restoration projects like Floods and Mold.
- Working with a Restoration Company that has experience working with your Insurance Company is a must. Do they use a software platform called “Xactimate” that is also used by most Insurance Companies?
- Lastly, are you properly insured? Talk to your Insurance Agent about the different types of water losses and know what you are covered for and what you are not. You may find that you will need to add or adjust your coverage in case a Disaster Strikes?